Feb 16, 2011

Hello again, dear city.



I find myself in San Francisco once again. The reason I'm here isn't so pleasant (my grandma passed away and I'm here for the funeral), but being in the city is. I do wish I was snowboarding right now, but it's kind of nice doing something different for two days. I've ridden every day for the past 48 days and now I'm figuring out what people do all day long when they're not on the hill.

Spending time with my family is nice, even if it's because of the funeral. Breathing the city air again is nice, even though I've sworn by how wonderful the fresh taho air is. Walking around and seeing all sorts of different people again is nice, even though they're not people I know. I like the hustle and bustle of the city, the tall buildings, the dirtiness, and the vibe. I guess I forgot what it was like to be home. There's so much more life here.

I'm leaving the city tonight and greyhounding back to Truckee in the morning. I'm stoked. All I want to do is snowboard. But I'll keep thid memory of San Francisco wrapped up in a corner of my mind and hold on to it until I come back here in May. I'm going to go wild with all my old city friends that month and it will be exciting, incredible, and awakening. In June it will be back to snowboarding for me, but that month I spend in the city will be the best. I guess once you're a city kid you're always a city kid. Why can't SF be covered in snow???

0 comments:

Post a Comment