Sep 30, 2011

The Feeders! Sacramento

This showed up in my inbox this morning. I'm so stoked! A week ago I wouldn't have thought about entering this contest, but after going to Hot Dawgs and Hand Rails last weekend I realized that I could hold my own with the girls in a rail jam. I'm so happy that I'll be able to get back on my board in a couple weeks.

I'm nervous for sure. But it's an exciting nervousness. It's going to be my first contest that's not just open to everyone and there's some added pressure in that. The other jams I've done haven't required any sort of application so anyone who learned how to snowboard the day before could enter.

This time last year I was that girl. I'd be lucky to stomp a 50-50 on a flat box. Ollie-on features? Forget about it. Ironically though, when I couldn't ride I thought very highly of my abilities and potential. Now that I actually have some skill, I don't feel quite as sure about my abilities and second guess myself quite often.

My biggest challenge with this contest will be to trust myself and just have a good time. I think I can do it. I think I can put some faith in myself and be confident. I can't wait for October 22. I'm feeling good about this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment