Dec 9, 2011

Good feelings

Yesterday I met up with Josh Fricke and a couple of the HEY! Crew guys at Northstar. I didn't get out there until the afternoon because of my last final, but I was still able to get two couple runs filmed. Last time Josh filmed me he got a sweet shot of me gapping an up-down box to my rib cage. This time I managed to stay on my feet.

I'm really excited about one trick I got. I'm always scared of spinning real jumps but it hit me yesterday that I'm going to have to actually spin good sized jumps at Rev Tour in Copper next week. The biggest jump at Northstar right now is only 15-20ft but on Tuesday I spun a five to the deck (wasn't even CLOSE to the knuckle) so I've been kind of worried about spinning it since then. But since Josh was filming yesterday I figured I'd go fast, try to be mellow and just three. I ended up bringing it around to 5 (because I can't control my rotations) and rode away. It was super clean and the shot looked pretty good. I was just totally stoked that it worked out because I've never 5ed something that size before. The feeling of getting something new was so awesome. Just pure joy. It was one of those "This is the reason I snowboard" moments. It just felt so good.

Getting that also helped me out a lot mentally because now I know I'm capable of spinning real jumps, I just have to trust myself enough to do it. I've been nervous about Rev but I think I've got it in me to do well. I want to ride the best I can but my mind always holds me back. I think I'll be able to get past it now though. I'm feeling good.

I'm back in the bay now but I can't wait to get back to Tahoe and ride with my new confidence. I love snowboarding. I love everything about it. I'll be holding my breath till I'm on the hill again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment