Mar 4, 2012

Big Trip East

Wow, I can't believe it's here already! Today I leave for the East Coast on the longest trip I've gone on since I went to Norway in 2007. I'm so stoked. It's gonna be an adventure. Here's the plan:


Today: Meet at school at 11am and drive to Reno with some members of the ski and snowboard teams. We fly out at 2:25, and after some plane changes arrive in Boston at 12:05 Monday morning.

Monday: We meet up with the rest of the teams and drive to Sunday River, Maine, together.

Tuesday: Giant Slalom competition. Forgot to get a speed suit. Gonna be like 2 seconds slower now. Bummer.

Wednesday: Guys are doing BDX qualifiers, so I'll be in the pipe all day, trying to lock down McTwists. I only got to try them like 6 times last Friday and I was pretty much just coming up 90 degrees short each time, so hopefully I can fix that. My mom is arriving on Wednesday night too. I can't wait to see her!

Thursday: Boardercross contest day. Finals are going to be at night under the lights. I'm excited to see the course. All of our other bdx contests were at Mammoth on a super mellow course. I hope this one has jumps and stuff.

Friday: Slopestyle. I hope I can put a clean run together. With a cork back five in it. I've never done one off a jump, but I did a really nice one in the pipe last week so you never know... I spent yesterday doing switch straight airs on like 5 foot jumps so maybe I'll decide to send it switch off a big jump? Whatever. It'll come together.

Saturday: HALF PIPE! So stoked!!! I love pipe and they've all been closed this last week so I can't wait to get back in the ditch. I'm a PJ. Hate if you must. I don't care. I'll ride pipe all day erryday. If I can do a clean run I think I've got a shot at 1st in pipe. And hopefully I'll land that McTwist. I'd be so happy if I got that like, out of the pipe. AHHHH dhfohfownefksdni

2nd Sunday: "Travel Day." I have no idea where the team is traveling to. This part of my trip is a mystery to me still. Maybe we're going to Vermont? I have no idea. Everyone except for the people doing Rev Tour will be flying back to Reno.

2nd Tuesday/Wednesday: Rev Tour at Mt. Snow, Vermont. I'm pretty stoked for this Rev stop. I think I'll place higher than I did at the other stops. My goal is to make it to finals in either event, or at least make top 10 in both. That'd be awesome.

2nd Thursday: Hopefully I'll be in Burlington on Thursday. I'm staying with Eric (pumped. we're gonna get reckless), but so far I don't know how I'm getting from Mt. Snow to Burlington. I'm going to try to connect with someone from Burlington at Rev and get a ride back with them.

2nd Friday: Chill real hard in Burlington with Eric. I've never been to Burlington before. I love going to new places. Yay!

2nd Saturday: Drive to Waterville Valley in New Hampshire with Eric, and compete in Billabong Flaunt it. I did finals last year, so it'll be fun to do a qualifying stop before doing finals again this year. Flaunt It has awesome prizes and goody bags. Hopefully I'll be on the podium with a check in my hand at the end of the day!

3rd Sunday: PARTAYYYY. Finally done with the competitions so it'll be time to kick back and go cray-cray. YOLO.

3rd Monday: Take a Greyhound from Burlington to Boston at 2:15 am. Goal is to sleep for most of the trip. I'll get to Boston at 7:05 and then I'll have until 1:30 to figure out how to get to the airport and get to my terminal for my flight back home.


I'm so so so excited for this trip. It's going to be my first time traveling with a team since traveling with my ice skating team over five years ago. And that was totally different. We had to wear matching outfits and had our entire days scheduled with group activities. This is going to be way more fun, I think. I'm also excited that my mom is coming to watch Nationals. The only time she's ever seen me ride was at Flaunt It last year and I've progressed a bunch since then. She's never seen me ride pipe, so hopefully I'll be able to make her proud.

Ok, I need to go wash dishes so I don't have mold growing in my house for two weeks. I'll try to update while I'm at out East!


0 comments:

Post a Comment