Oct 17, 2011

working for the village

Today the ski and snowboard teams had to meet at Diamond Peak to do some work for the mountain to "earn" our season passes. I envisioned having to hike up the mountain and do back breaking labor for the entire day on only a couple hours of sleep. Luckily, I was wrong. We split into groups and my group just walked around the base by the parking lot picking up trash. I hate touching other people's trash and I felt gross for the first couple of minutes but then I got over it. Finding trash was like a scavenger hunt and the weather was pretty nice so I had a good time. We only had to work for like an hour and then we left. I like doing work like that. It makes me feel like I'm doing something worthwhile with my day.The experience made me respect the mountain so much more. I don't litter anyways, but now I definitely won't and will call people out when they do (primarily because I'll just have to pick the trash up next October).

0 comments:

Post a Comment