Feb 16, 2012

USCSA

USCSA has been going pretty good. It's cool to finally have people to compete against, unlike USASA last year.

I've traveled with the Sierra Nevada College team down to Mammoth twice now, for two boardercross contests and one slopestyle. I placed second in all 3 events behind my team mate Ashley. There are a couple other riders who are pretty good but for the most part kids in the college series are just competing as a hobby and don't ride very often. I think that's cool that students from schools that aren't even near the mountains can still be part of a snowboard club and compete.

This next weekend my team is driving down to Mammoth for three days for Regionals. We'll be competing in Giant Slalom, Slopestyle, and Boardercross. Still no Halfpipe :[. I'd really like to place first so I'm going to have to step it up. That means no speed checking in the Boardercross course, and sending it with spins on the jumps. I think I've got it in me, I'll just have to really push myself.

Hopefully I'll be coming back next week with good news.

0 comments:

Post a Comment