Feb 22, 2012

Vail snatches up Kirkwood

New came out this morning that Kirkwood is now part of the Vail family. The $18million purchase includes the undeveloped sites at the center of the base area which are zoned for residential and commercial development, while Kirkwood will retain ownership of the remainder of the real estate development sites.


The deal will be finished within the next month, but as of today, Epic passholders can now ride at Kirkwood and Kirkwood passholders can ride Northstar and Heavenly.

I'm pretty stoked about this. Kirkwood is an awesome mountain and it'll be cool to be able to ride there with my Northstar pass. I haven't been there since last season when I hitch hiked down to the Queen of the Park competition, but I'd love to make it there again this season. If we ever get snow. Kirkwood is awesome when there's snow, but when there's not, it's not worth the 79 mile drive down.

Do I foresee Vail eventually buying out all of Tahoe? Yes. Should we all be worried about this? Probably. Am I worried right now? Nope.

Time to ride.


Official Press Release Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment