Nov 26, 2012

Almost there...

Last month when I went back to Redwood City to see my Physical Therapist, Brandy, I didn't get good news. I might have been slacking on working out a little bit and Brandy pretty much said "If you want me to clear you to ride this season, you need to get on it." Read that again. "This Season." Meaning, I wasn't just at risk of having an extra month without riding, but a whole season.

That woke me up and I starting hitting the gym every day and really putting energy into strengthening my knee and leg again. It got even more real for me when it started snowing and all my friends were out having fun. Over the course of the month I felt like my knee was improving by leaps and bounds.

This past week I went home to see Brandy. She agreed I was doing ridiculously better since the last time she saw me. I'm back on the road to riding in December now. The one thing she said she was concerned about is that if she clears me, it's only to make turns. No going into the park. No going fast. Just baby runs, going slow, and keeping my board on the snow. I swore to her that that's all I would do. I don't care if I can't go to the park yet. I don't want to reinjure my knee. All I want to do is be on my board and be happy again.

I'll find out December 7th if I get to ride again. Fingers crossed. Friday will mark 6 months since surgery. Busting my ass in the gym now to get cleared for December.

0 comments:

Post a Comment