Jan 19, 2013

Being ok with losing.

Well Rev Tour was less than stellar. I knew going into it that I was going to take it easy, and treat it as practice instead of a competition. So I didn't watch anyone else's runs, didn't look at scores, and just straight aired every hit both runs. I got 18th out of 19. Rough.

It's really hard to lose. It's hard to know you didn't give it your all. It's hard to be asked "So how did you do?" and attempt to justify last place with "Well, it was my first day back in pipe after an injury so I didn't want to try anything." I'm going to work extra hard between now and the next Rev stop I'm doing (Sun Valley in March), so I can actually be proud of my results there. It'd be nice to have a huge five again, and even nicer to be able to put back to back fives in my run. Hopefully I'll be able to get there.

As hard as I try to be mellow and be ok with losing, I really can't be. I'm just not that person. Character flaw? Oh well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment