Jan 8, 2013

Burton Mountain Festival


The last three days have been the Burton Mountain Festival at Northstar. This year they cut out the Pro-Test contest so it was just a couple days of demos and contests that didn’t exist or something (the Know-Buddy contest was going on- apparently prizes were being handed out randomly in the park for tricks.)

I tried out a bunch of different set ups during the weekend and I’ll be posting reviews on them soon.
Forget Lick The Cat, Sage Kotsenburg, it's all
about Lick The Sheep.







I also hung out with the guys (and girls) who travel with the tour and they were super awesome. We rode, hung out, blah blah blah, whatever. They were all super cool and it was neat to learn about their jobs traveling around to all the mountains. Hopefully I’ll see some of my new friends again before next year!
Grant and the Babe Wagon

The Burton Store in the village also held a contest throughout the weekend. There was a thirteen item scavenger hunt and each item had to be photographed and emailed to the store.
Josh Fricke supplying the "Slash shot" I needed for the hunt.
I ended up winning it with a little help from my friends and got a sweet prize pack from the store.
Ignore all the junk behind the RED hats. I haven't learned how
to clean my room yet.

Probably the best part of the weekend was getting to see my old friend James again. We had awesome times together back at Mt. Hood two summers ago but I hadn’t seen him since. Catching up with him, partying, and playing on our snowboards was a rad surprise.
Me and Mr. James Fleege- Never ask Danny Toumarkine to take
a picture for you. You'll end up with 40 blurry rapid-fire photos.

The Burton Mountain Festival was another incredible reminder of how fortunate I am to do what I do. Some people come to Tahoe one week a year for a vacation. I get to live people’s vacations every day. Too many good times, and too many friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment