May 25, 2011

Action Sports, San Carlos


Every time I am home I make sure to stop by Action Sports in San Carlos, my local board shop. Since I was home for this entire month I really should have made a trip earlier, but it didn’t happen until yesterday. Anyways, being there reminded me of how much I love that place. 
I've been going there for I think four or five years and it's always been a great place to shop and chill. When I got my license a few years ago I'd drive over there every time I had nothing to do and just hang out. I've kept that tradition up and I pretty much go in just to hang out with Alex, who's been working there as long as the shop has been there, and Fritz the owner. Alex is one of the friendliest guys you'll ever encounter and his knowledge of products for skateboarding, wakeboarding, longboarding, and snowboarding have been life savers to a ridiculous number of clueless beginners and novices looking for more guidance. Fritz has always been very friendly with me as well. He is someone who will be genuinely interested in what's going on in your life and someone who will offer you help in any way he can. It's awesome to have such great people at my shop who can support me and make me feel like I'm part of the "home team". 
The shop has a bar area that you can get refreshments in and hang out at, a skatepark to ride indoors for free, and seasonal products like wake boards. The whole place has a really relaxed and welcoming vibe and it’s just a good place to be. If anyone is ever in the San Carlos area I’d highly recommend stopping by Action.

Also, every Wednesday night a ton of long boarders meet at Action to go ride the San Carlos hills together. Every time I've gone there's been a free BBQ afterwards so I'm pretty sure that's a regular thing as well. Call them for more details if you want to join in. Make new friends, long board some cool spots, and eat free food. What could be better?
Anyone else got a killer local shop?

0 comments:

Post a Comment