May 21, 2011

Week till Mt. Hood!

I can't believe how quickly this has come up. I had the month of May to relax at home, hang out with friends, and get myself back in shape before I spend the summer on Mt. Hood. I had lots of plans for what I needed to do this month:

  • Go to physical therapy to make sure my knees don't crap out over the summer.
  • Unpack all my stuff and reorganize my possessions before having to pack up again.
  • Lay out at the pool to get tan before the summer starts.
  • Finish my edit
  • Do yoga
  • Get a six pack (or just get toned)
  • Find a place to live in Oregon
  • Find someone to drive to Oregon with me
  • Skateboard a lot.
I didn't accomplish much. Didn't do physical therapy. Still have a hurricane disaster in my bedroom (see here). Only laid out twice (got lobster red the second time). I'm still trying to track down some of the shots I got this season. Haven't done yoga once. Still don't have toned abs (and this has been a goal of mine for like 3 years now).  Don't know where I'm ending up once I get to Oregon. Haven't found anyone who wants a ride up there either. Skateboarded for like 4 minutes.

So I'm looking at the calendar that says it's May 21 and I'm wondering where this whole month went. I mean, I have been doing stuff, just not the things I planned on getting done. I went to a concert with Rebecca, and Vivian and got invited to the after party. I've made new friends. I've gone out to play in SF. And I've discovered a handful of tv shows that I really like. Inbetweeners? HOLLA. Workaholics? HELL YEAH. So whatever. Things will work out.

I can't wait to spend that summer up in Oregon. I'm going to try and see if there are any last minute openings at Windells or High Cascade and if not I'll see if I can get on Dig-to-Ride at High Cascade. I know things will work out somehow and my riding is going to improve a ton over the summer. I'm figuring I'll be able to get some shots with the Crack Grease guys, and I became friends with Marie Hucal at the end of the season and she told me she'll be out there and I should meet up with her and the Peep Show gals to get shots. Which would be awesome.

Sitting at home is killing me. I've started having the dreams about snowboarding every night again. I just have to remind myself I'll be on the snow again in a week. I can't wait!

Anyone else going up to Hood or elsewhere for summer riding?

0 comments:

Post a Comment