Dec 17, 2009

The best things in life are free.

Or let me rephrase; The best thing in life is getting free stuff sent to your house. Ohhh yeah. I never entered contests when I was younger because I figured I wouldn't win anyways so why bother, right? My mom was always like "You never knowwww" and she'd win things every once in a while. I just recently started entering every contest I find and it's paying off. Greatly. Every time there was a give away or contest at Windells I hit it up and ended up with a bunch of shirts and beanies. I happened talked to the right person and ended up with this sick Bonfire jacket as well (retail price; $280). Back at home I started lurking around snowboard company websites and discovered a whole new world of contests. I sadly did not win any thing on 686 Day, but I played Rome's Steal That Banner game and won that. My new Rome jacket just came in the mail yesterday (original price; $229.95). It's prettty sick. And then a week ago I played a game on the Volcom website and this morning I woke up to this email;
"Hello
You are a winner in our recent Volcom Girls Holiday competition.
Please send me your size and your full address and telephone number (by
tomorrow if possible!) and I will post your prize.
Thanks for entering and Merry Christmas!
Josie"


And let me tell you; that is a great e-mail to wake up to on your last day of finals. So, I'll be getting one of these items in the mail from Volcom soon as well.



Oh, and I almost forgot; I won a sweatshirt from Sierra Nevada College a little while back, and I have a "swag bag" in the mail right now over from the folks at Shred Union.
Moral of the story; enter contests, win cash-money. Well, prizes worth cash money.

PS. Be like me and stop by Burton.com in the next couple of days. They've got major giveaways all week that you won't want to miss.

0 comments:

Post a Comment