May 31, 2013

Hello Oregon!

Well I'm finally here. It's been two Long years since I've been to Govy but I'm finally back.

Yesterday my mom and I left our house at 4:20ish AM. The sun was just kind of coming up as we headed through SF. 


We went straight with no stops except for gas until we got to Portland. One we got into the city the first destination was VooDoo Donuts. 



 Then we walked over to the river where the city fair was going on. Back home we have petting zoos with llamas. In Portland they bring out the tigers, lynxes, and panthers. It was awesome. For $20 you could spend 5 minutes playing with the baby tiger. Our meter was about to expire though so I missed out on what might have been the coolest experience of my life.




I stayed at a hotel with my mom by the airport for the night. She took off in the morning and I headed to the library to print off a new cover letter and resume set for Windells and High Cascade. Then I picked up $110 of dried fruits, nuts, crackers, and ramen to hopefully keep me from starving for the next month or so. I stopped by Windells to pass off my paperwork and let them know I was in town and could come in on short notice to work. Finally I made it to Government Camp, where my first task was to drop off my stuff at HCSC and let them know I could fill any opening as well. After doing that I realized I had the whole day free and it was only 3pm so I decided to go wander in the woods. I made it pretty far down a hiking trail before I hit snow and had to turn back. 
checking out some nature



















Walking back through town, I ran into my friend from my first Hood summer, James Fleege. I jumped into his car and headed out to Trillium with him and his cousin Zack. 
  

We hung out there for a while and then went over to the air strip for a skate session. I sat out because my ankle is still swollen and tender from rolling it on Memorial Day at Action. A small crew assembled and some sketchy tricks went down. We finally dipped out a little after 9.

I think at this point I'm going to go to bed. The summer pass for Timberline starts tomorrow so I'll be riding in the morning. Might as well rest up. I'm so stoked to get back on my board!! This is going to be an awesome summer.


0 comments:

Post a Comment