May 12, 2013

May Pow

Last week I had class on Monday and then nothing until finals on Friday, so I went on a trip to Mammoth. It's been so beautiful that I figured it would be a great week to camp in the woods.


I got down there and it was snowing. It snowed every day. Camping was nixed. I stayed at Danika's house instead. (& Luckily I had my new Local Knits neckie with me. Thanks!)

Where did this weather come from??
Over the 3 days, I didn't get much riding in, because by noon the sun would come out and turn that fresh wet snow into glue. Kind of a bummer of a week. My plan was to learn 7s and film a bunch of rail stuff to make a season edit. I filmed nothing, and could barely even jump. On the first day I 50-50ed on my shins and they blew up too.

I'm heading back to Mammoth today for another four days of riding. Conditions should be better this week. I'm going to try camping again. Also, I'm making a list of things to learn so I'll be focused on progression. Since I only have one 5, I might put that 7 off and get the other 3 5s.

Tricks to learn over the next 4 days:
Back 5
Cab 5
Switch back 5
McTwist at the top of the wall
Get front 5 in pipe back
Front board-270 out
Hardway front 1 on, cab 3 out (probably just on tubes)
Get comfortable hitting everything backside

If I can get through that list I'll be pretty stoked.

0 comments:

Post a Comment