May 19, 2013

Graduation!

Wow. It's kind of surreal to be writing this right now.

It seems like just yesterday that I was posting from my high school English class, writing about college applications, choosing Sierra Nevada, and moving to Tahoe for the first time. 



And now I've graduated from Sierra Nevada with a Bachelors, and am moving away from Tahoe for good (or the foreseeable future at least.) 

I've come a long way in the last couple years- I mean, I've grown a lot as a person. I started writing this blog as a kid, and I really didn't know as much as I thought I did. I went off into the big scary world, jumped head first into the snowboard community, and got completely schooled. I dealt with my first Internet hate (an attack on me as a person as well as my blog), and also received recognition in the form of products to test and people complimenting my blog in person. 

I feel like I'm a completely different person now from when I started this site, but I've tried to keep it true to its original purpose as a diary of my snowboarding experiences, adventures, and life- an unfiltered view of my world. 

Well I guess that's it. I'm closing this chapter of my life and moving on to the next. I'll be heading back home for a week, then I'm moving to Mt. Hood for the summer. After that I'll be trying to get an internship in the industry down in Southern California for a couple months. And then it'll be time to move to Mammoth for my first season outside of Tahoe. 

Here goes nothing. 
:D

0 comments:

Post a Comment