May 17, 2013

Mammoth again.

from the top of Chair 23

Where did all the snow go??
So my second week in Mammoth wasn't quite what I had expected. I went back planning to film a season edit and learn some new tricks. But as it turned out, in the three days between trips, all the features had been pulled out of the park, and the jumps changed. All that was left were tubes, some jumps that were kind of weird, and the 15' 3 hit pipe. I almost turned back to go home after the first day, but stayed primarily because I was really having fun in the pipe. By day 3, however, the pipe was closed, and all but two of the tubes were gone as well.










Paul, Zumeiz Cat, Yannick, and Boris
I made the most of the trip and still had fun. I linked up with some guys from Switzerland and spent most of the week with them. Partying and riding with those guys was pretty fun, except for the fact that most of the time they only spoke French and my French vocabulary consists of maybe 25 words.

During the week I also dropped my resume off at ten restaurants in town so hopefully I'll have a job when I go back for the winter. 

And that was it for the winter season. Anticlimactic end, but I think that's just because I always expect too much out of things. Definitely stoked to move to Mammoth though!

Playing in the slush pipe while it was still open.










Last time driving by Mono so I checked out the lake for the first time.






0 comments:

Post a Comment