Jan 24, 2012

First College Competition

This weekend I was supposed to have USASA half pipe and slopestyle, but because those got canceled I was able to compete in the first weekend of USCSA (US Collegiate Snowboarding Association) events. Originally Slopestyle was scheduled for this weekend but Sugar Bowl dropped the ball and we ended up having a Giant Slalom race at Diamond Peak instead.

The course was set on top of the run the skiers used for slalom that morning so there were huge mogul like bumps and ice patches which made the course a little challenging. I was like second to drop and didn't get a chance to tighten my bindings before I was practically pushed through the gate. I had set my bindings on my Rome Blue with a butter knife that morning so they weren't exactly solidly attached to my board. I think I kind of like riding with loose bindings though. Adds some danger.

Anyways, I don't understand slalom. I just tried to go fast (I'm pretty scared of going fast though haha). Guess it worked though because I came in first out of the girls and 7th out of everyone. Most of my team mates did pretty well too. Pretty stoked all around. Next weekend we're going to maybe have a slope contest around here and then go to Mammoth for boardercross!


0 comments:

Post a Comment