Jan 17, 2012

Need a new Bataleon board

EDIT 6-14-12: I am no longer searching for this board. Matt of Progression Boardshop in New Hampshire was super awesome and gave me an awesome hook up with the board. Kudos. Make sure to stop by and check them out if you're in the New England area. Remember, snowboarders support snowboarders. Buy from your local shop and not the internet whenever possible.


This sounds so lame, but I had a dream last night about getting a new Bataleon Disaster. It was like a series of journeys I went on to try getting this board. I never got one before I woke up. :/
Gapping, pressing, front 5 tailing. This board kills all
I started riding the Disaster back in November at Mammoth and have been loving it since then. At first I thought it'd just be a rail board, and it totally destroyed rails. Spinning on everything was so easy and catchless. But then I started jumping on it. And I realized how stable it was on jumps, and how good spinning in the air felt on it. "Cool," I thought "This will be a solid slopestyle board." But then I rode pipe in it, and was able to boost out and feel so good. "Holy crap. This is an all around killah."
And I fell in love.

I was at Boreal messing around gapping their stairs (because actually hitting rails is soo old school), and I came up a little short one time and cracked my edge clean in half. I kept riding the board and eventually the edge completely broke and started coming out from the board. I rode Rev Tour with a good five inches of edge sticking a couple centimeters out from the board. I'm so glad I never got caught up on it. That would have been a real disaster.

Bataleon Disaster, sans edge
Prison shank, or board edge? You decide
After the contest I pulled the edge out, so now I just have a gaping hole right on the contact point of my heel edge. It's terrifying to ride, but I still love the board and don't want to use anything else. I was even offered a Forum proform, but I don't want a Forum board. I want a Bataleon Disaster. It's my favorite board I've ever ridden I think.

I have another Slopestyle competition this weekend so I'm trying to not ride until the contest in hopes that my board will still be shreddable in the comp.

I've been searching for a way to get this board again, but I can't afford it full price. If anyone knows of a way to get a pro form on Bataleon boards, pleassse let me know. OR better yet, if you're reading this Bataleon, and want to send me a Disaster to write a review on, I'd be glad to do it. Heck, even if anyone has a 145 Disaster that they've already ridden and thrashed, I'll take a hand-me-down. That's what this last one was, anyways. Butit'dbecooltogettorideanewoneforthefirsttime.

If anyone can help me out, go to my contact page and shoot me a message. It'd be greatly appreciated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment