Jan 3, 2010

20NOFEAR10

Alright lovelies, I'm back from the O-R, or California's beanie. I could type up my day by day experiences, or you could head on over to Shred Union and read my snowday log. Yeah. I'm going with the latter. He's a few things that didn't make it into my log though.
  • Danny's mom chiropracted me.
  • I have an ultra persona as a deaf person.
  • I'm so stoked on airblaster. This jacket more specifically. Dinosaurs rock.
  • Skiers get pissed off when you make Dinosaur noises.
  • I'm applying for a job at Windells.
  • Tim Windell ate it big time on a box in the baby park.
Time to talk about my NYR, that's New Year's Resolution to all you uncool cats. I call this 20-No Fear-10. Or, my Year Without Fear.
I have a history of backing out of things I should be able to do. I ride slower than I could, don't commit myself to tricks, etc. So I decided that this year there would be no backing out. I wrote my slogan on my arm and went out to ride. I decided that my first jump of the day would be a half cab. Now, I've never rotated jumps before because of my holding myself back. There would be no backing out. I went at the jump, picked up speed and flew. I didn't fully commit myself to the rotation though so I only made it half way. I hiked and did it again, completing the rotation. I completed the line, hitting every box, jump etc. And then I rode the pipe, going as far up the sides as I could, rather than my usual going up as little as I could. I had such a sick day hitting all sorts of things and jibbing all over the place. I almost lost my love for snowboarding but this day brought it back. I was able to relive the thrill of getting a new trick or landing something sick. I'm still addicted and it's great.

0 comments:

Post a Comment