Jan 23, 2010

Sick day at Sierra

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've been kinda sick. :/ Here's the story;

I drove over to Sunnyvale in the wee hours of the morning to catch the Bay Area Ski Bus. My stomach was feeling kinda funky but I was like "whatevs. I'll get on the bus, go to sleep and it'll be all good." So at 4am I boarded the bus and tried to sleep. I made it for like a half hour before I had to go to the bathroom andddd I puked. Lost all my yummy dinner from the night before. Oh and I hadn't eaten lunch the day before either. So all I had left in me (if anything) was the pancakes I ate for breakfast at 8am the day before. But those were probably gone too. Anyways, I go up to the front of the bus and I was like "Do you have any snacks or anything that I could eat right now. I'm not feeling good." And this old guys is all "Well I have some airplane peanuts" and this Asian mom is like "I have some juice." I took those, ate a few of the peanuts and half the box of apple juice and still wasn't feeling good. An hour or so later I was in the bathroom throwing those up. Unpleasant. Oh an I was totally sweating up a storm too. I stripped down to my long underware in the bathroom because I was like dripping in sweat.

By the time we got to the mountain I wasn't feeling so hot. I thought about not boarding and just hanging in the lodge but I was like "No way. I paid $115 for this day. I'm boarding." So I strapped in and felt better once I was on the mountain. I was having an okay time at the park but I wasn't really about to go full out because I had no energy at all. At like 1pm I was seriously having trouble staying conscious on the mountain. Like, as I was boarding I was getting dizzy and having to concentrate on keeping my eyes open and staying up. I figure it was time to take a rest. I was dehydrated and all that crap. I went to the lodge and got a cup of water. I didn't want to eat though because I didn't know if it would make me sick and there was no way I was going to throw up while boarding. I grabbed me a cup o' water, drank some of it and laid down to rest for an hour.

I then went back out onto the mountain and took like five more runs before I had to get back onto the bus. When we stopped for dinner I still didn't want to eat so I just got a piece of bread from Subways, which they gave to me for free. All in all, the day wasn't horrible. I lost three pounds and wasn't able to go as hard as I would have liked. It was still time on the mountain though so it's okay in the end. I'd give the day a C-.

0 comments:

Post a Comment