Nov 25, 2010

Giving thanks.

Ah, Thanksgiving: The American holiday of being thankful for what you or others have/had. For everyone else around the world, there may not be a holiday, but that's no reason to not be thankful. Almost every day something comes to my mind that makes me think "wow, I'm so thankful for that". And now as I watch the Charlie Brown thanksgiving special with my parents in a hotel room somewhere in Truckee, all the different things I'm thankful for are coming to mind. I figured I'd share them and see what everyone else is thankful for as well.

Things I'm thankful for...


That I’ve reached a point in my life where I can roll with the punches and not sweat the small stuff.

That I can wake up in the morning with a positive outlook and look at the day as an adventure.

That I live in beautiful Lake Tahoe
(View from Mt. Rose, early November 2010)

That I have parents who are healthy, and love and support me.
(Mom's birthday, 2010)


That I was born healthy and have managed to remain that way.

That I’m able to snowboard.
(Half cab, SNC, November 2010)

That I have never gone hungry or homeless

That there is music in the world.

That doors keep opening for me to charge through

That there are good people in the world.

That I feel no need to hate.

That I’ve been able to travel and see incredible lives around the world.
(Mazatlan, 2010)

The beauty of sunshine and glitter on dew drops

That I go Sierra Nevada College and I can get an education while doing what I love.

For the opportunities I’ve had growing up
(Inauguration, DC, 2009)

Nature, because the energy in living things is amazing.

That no one can prevent me from finding happiness in life.

For the innocent joy of children.
(Cousin Hailey at her birthday lunch, 2010)

For warm clothes.

For the ability to love.

And last but not least, for the friends that have become family, and family that become my backbone.
(Hunter & I, Six Flags, 2010)

What are you thankful for?

1 comments:

margeiincharge said...

jenise! it's maggie. i don't know how to follow you because i'm stupid. but hello!

Post a Comment